Tuesday 14 November 2017

Srila Prabhupada passtimes-9

If You Just Read this One Book

Entering Śrīla Prabhupāda's quarters was always an enlightening experience. Sometimes Śrīla Prabhupāda sat and read his books. Whenever he read, it seemed as if someone else had written his books because he didn't read with the mind of an author looking for editing mistakes or grammatical errors. He read them with the relish of a pure devotee reading the pastimes of the Supreme Lord to whom he was completely attached.
One day, I went into Śrīla Prabhupāda's room to perform my duties. He was reading Bhagavad-gītā As It Is. After offering my obeisances, he looked at me and said, "If you just read this one book and understand, you will become Kṛṣṇa Conscious in this very life."
A few months later when I went into his room, he was reading Nectar of Devotion. He looked at me and said, "This book is so nice. Just by reading this one book you can become Kṛṣṇa Conscious."
Śrīla Prabhupāda taught us by his example. He did everything that he asked of us. He requested us to read his books, so he read them, too.

Śrīla Prabhupāda Uvāca 29

No comments:

Post a Comment