Sunday 17 June 2018

Srila Prabhupada passtimes:41- Give each child a cookie.. 2 passtimes

Radhanatha Swami : 
It was wonderful when Srila Prabhupada gave cookies to the children during guru puja. I thought, "This is a real preacher." The children couldn't understand philosophy, and they weren't able to follow the Srimad-Bhagavatam class. But Srila Prabhupada knew that if they became attached to him, they would go back to Godhead. So, with a beautiful, loving smile, like a father he would give each child a cookie. The children loved him. Everything Srila Prabhupada did was to induce our love for him, because he knew that our love for him was carried to the lotus feet of Sri Sri Radha and Krishna.

Reference: Memories Anecdotes of a Modern Day Saint - Volume 1
Author: Siddhanta Dasa



Radhanath Swami: 
Prabhupada was giving a lecture in a garden. There was a small pandal set up, and many Brijbasis came to attend that. It was somewhere in the area of Radha-Govinda temple. Somehow or other I came late, and when I arrived Prabhupada was just leaving, walking through a field back to his car. People were lined up on both sides to offer obeisances, and I offered obeisances. Srila Prabhupada stopped in front of me, and when I got up Prabhupada very affectionately showered his mercy upon me and told me how he was very pleased that I was so much attached to living in Vrindavan.

Reference: Following Srila Prabhupada – A Chronological Series
Author: Yadubara Dasa

No comments:

Post a Comment