Thursday 19 July 2018

Srila Prabhupada Pastimes:60- Bhargava Dasa depression

Bhargava : Every now and then I would get a little depressed. Once, while kirtan was going on in the Manor, I drifted into depression. I was moping, moving back and forth slowly while everybody else was dancing in ecstasy. Prabhupada looked at me and motioned for me to dance too. I suddenly felt a wave go through me, and I started dancing like a wild man. Prabhupada reached out to his disciples. There were 150 other devotees in the room, but he reached out to me in that way and to every other devotee in some way or other. Everyone had a personal, special connection with Prabhupada. Another time I was lamenting and feeling depressed while I was in Prabhupada's room. I thought, "Prabhupada is going to chastise me or feel that he's wasting his time on me." But in fact, Prabhupada was sweet to me. He could see how fragile I was, and he talked to me just like he'd preach to a new devotee. He told me to be patient and to follow the four regulative principles. He said that everything would work out. I was impressed that someone so learned and educated could also be so sensitive toward others.
Reference: Memories Anecdotes of a Modern Day Saint - Volume 2
Author: Siddhanta Dasa

No comments:

Post a Comment