Saturday 1 December 2018

Srila Prabhupada Pastimes:65-House program with Ambarisha Dasa

Ambarish : I was initiated in the spring of 1975, and Srila Prabhupada asked me to come to India in the fall. I flew to Kenya to meet him in Nairobi, and we went on from there to India. There are a lot of Indian Life Members in Nairobi, so Srila Prabhupada went to many engagements. He would take prasadam at people's houses or give a lecture, usually in Hindi, in front of a lot of people. We all accompanied him when he went on these lectures, and I would never know what he was saying, but often he would bring me into the lecture somehow or other. I would be listening, and as it was in Hindi, I wouldn't understand anything. Then all of a sudden, I would hear my name. Prabhupada would indicate to me, I'd stand up, he'd lecture a little bit more and then indicate that I could sit down. It was really nice. I was feeling, and I still feel, that this was the perfection of being engaged by the spiritual master, to assist him in his preaching efforts. Even though I didn't understand what he was talking about, just to be able to assist him in that way was personal service.
Reference: Memories Anecdotes of a Modern Day Saint - Volume 2
Author: Siddhanta Dasa

No comments:

Post a Comment