Monday 10 December 2018

Srila Prabhupada Pastimes:66-Bhargava Dasa distrub's Srila Prabhupada

Bhargava: In South Africa I agitated Prabhupada by taking photographs during his lecture. When Prabhupada spoke he used wonderful, expressive hand mudras, and I was photographing those mudras. He only used them when he spoke, so that was my only opportunity to capture them. But I distracted him, and he would get irritated with me. He said I broke his train of thought.

Unfortunately, I was impulsive and I did it repeatedly. When Prabhupada was in South Africa, the first editions of the Fourth and Fifth Cantos of the Srimad-Bhagavatams arrived. Prabhupada was very pleased. It was beautiful to watch him open the books and delicately handle them. The Bhagavatam was Krishna for Prabhupada. The Bhagavatams weren't his books. He had such respect for them. It was like he was dealing with a Deity. That impressed me. I was snapping away taking pictures because it was like Christmas morning for a kid when Prabhupada got new editions of his books. I snapped one time too many, and Prabhupada snapped. He got on my case, and I sat down next to him and said, "Prabhupada, I am such a fool." He said, "If you are fool, then go away, that is my order." I was so emotionally attached to Prabhupada, that I took his words heavily. I walked out of the room.
Reference: Memories Anecdotes of a Modern Day Saint - Volume 2
Author: Siddhanta Dasa

No comments:

Post a Comment