Friday 25 January 2019

Srila Prabhupada Pastimes:68-Defeat scientists and philosophers

Bhargava: Another time we were walking in Paris, when Prabhupada turned to the devotees and said with a serious tone, "I want you to all become Krishna conscious philosophers and to defeat the rascal philosophers and scientists."

A week or so later I was in Prabhupada's Bury Place room with Prabhupada and Kulashekar, a nice, outgoing devotee. His parents, quiet country people, had come to see Prabhupada. Kulashekar had been taking 8mm films of Prabhupada, and he was going to show Prabhupada the films. He went to get his parents so they could watch also. When he went out, I looked at Prabhupada and said, "Prabhupada, these materialistic scientists and philosophers are so strongly entrenched. How will we ever change them?" I don't know how I got the nerve to ask a question like that. Prabhupada looked at me and said, "Whether they change, whether they do not change, still I will go on with my propaganda work." You could almost feel the earth shake when he said that. It was that powerful. His determination was incredible.
Reference: Memories Anecdotes of a Modern Day Saint - Volume 2
Author: Siddhanta Dasa

No comments:

Post a Comment