Monday 16 April 2018

Srila Prabhupada Passtimes:49-SP reciprocates on completing a chunk of typing service

The next day I went to Prabhupada's apartment with the manuscripts I had typed. I rang the doorbell, and he personally answered; he was the only one in the apartment. He seemed glad to see me, but he said, "You didn't come yesterday for initiation." "No," I said. "That's all right," he said kindly, as he let me inside. I said that I had stayed home to type and did not give any further explanation or excuse. When he sat down at his mat I then placed before him a substantial amount of typing, and he thanked me. He then gave me a few large grapes. For a moment I thought, "I have worked so hard, and I am only getting a few large grapes!" But then I kicked my mind as Prabhupada said, "Krishna will bless you." And he picked up the manuscripts and looked through them approvingly. I knew I needed Krishna's blessings desperately, and I could almost feel the benediction coming immediately. I had sincerely and faithfully wanted those blessings from Krishna, and received them with a thrill.
Reference: With Srila Prabhupada in Early days, 1966-1969, a Memoir
Author: Satsvarupa Das Goswami

No comments:

Post a Comment